Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

Confirm What They Want!

Hey, I am so excited today my new website www.roncinetv.com is up and running. It is going to be the place for actors and filmmakers looking for work in the entertainment industry. But I am not hear to promote that. Rather, I want to talk about a cool interview technique I often use. I call it a feedback loop. Here's how it works. First, as I always say during interviews, listen in closely to what they say. Usually, employees will giveaway what I can "pain points" or problems that they are looking for you to solve. These can also be red flags for you depending on how severe they are. Once you come to the end of the interview they'll usually ask if you have any questions. This is your chance to demonstrate that you are the ideal candidate for the position. Simply state back all the pain points or qualifications they are looking for. But make sure you state them as part of YOUR background. Also, now this is real important, be sure to use their own worlds. This makes it seem as if you understand their needs and hearing their words coming from you is a strange type of feedback loop which works on the subconscious mind. For example, if I say something you may doubt if it's true; but if it comes from someone else who confirms my assumptions then it becomes valid. So hearing their words from you confirms their already established train of thought. It also helps to build instant rapport. Well, I have to run. Lots of work to do on my new site. Let me know how this technique works for you. Later...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?